OH.MY.Gosh. Someone please tell me why I have waited so long to make this!? I mean, paying $3.69 for each bottle of soap makes zero sense when you have the accessibility to make it yourself for little to no cost. Especially having 2 boys where I am telling them constantly to *insert mom voice here* “Wash your hands!”. LOL. This is a healthy frugal option and I am not sure why I have been pushing it to the side.
This literally took me ONE minute to make. It was so easy and quick that it almost startled me! haha! I was like “whoa! That is it! No way”
Here are the simple ingredients:
- Water (distilled or boiled. I used boiled)
- 1/2 teaspoon Oil (I used Avocado Oil)
- Liquid Castle Soap. I purchased mine HERE.
- Essential Oil (your choice) 6-10 drops depending on what you like. purchase yours here.
- Fill the soap dispenser 2/3 full of water leaving room for the top and the soap to be added.
- Add at LEAST 2 tablespoons of liquid castle soap. * Do not add the soap first or it will bubble up when you add the water. (I used 3 tablespoons for the extra foam)
- Add both oils, the Olive and whichever essential oil you choose. ( I used Thieves for the naturally occurring immune boosting properties).
- Close and twirl around to mix.
- Use knowing you are replacing harsh chemicals with a non-toxic soap for your family.
JUST LIKE THAT…..BOOM!
And just as I use the Thieves Cleaner, I will now have a 100% non-toxic Thieves hand soap.
It just blows my mind the 47239578932758923709 uses these Essential Oils can play in every day non-toxic healthy living. Not only can you use them topically, internally, or even in the air, you can use them in every day cleaning products and SO much more.
Toothpaste, face wash, mouthwash, deodorant, facial cream, skin cream, sunscreen, bug spray, laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, shampoo, and the list can literally go on and on. Basically anything you can think of that is made with a chemical overload, can be made 100% non-toxic and safe for your family!
If you are interested in getting your hands on these Essential Oils that can be used for so many products, you can score your Starter Kit HERE. There are 11 oils and the possibilities are literally endless in the different uses!
You can even make different hand soaps for different bathrooms in the house. A Peppermint Lavender soap would be great in the guest bathroom, or an Orange blossom soap for the master bathroom (make sure to use a glass dispenser for citrus oils) and a Thieves for the kitchen!
Thanks for reading and following along with me in the crazy non-toxic world I am closer to creating for my family. Leave me feedback! Email me! Tell me your thoughts and ideas!
Visit my page at OilyMum.com.
‘Like’ me on FB OilyMum